Sunday 18 May 2008

Financial Independence

It is important to me to be financially independent.

I want to feel free and not obligated to an employer. Not obligated to do a certain job. Not obligated to earn a certain amount of money to support a certain lifestyle. Not obligated to keep up with the jones'. These days there is no such thing as job security. This is abundantly clear to me. I am reminded of this constantly on a daily basis as a result of my work. I am an employment lawyer. No such thing as a job for life any more with a company pension to retire on. You have to fund your own retirement.

I couldn't imagine working at an office job for the next 25 years, that's basically what my job is, an office job. Sometimes I feel trapped in a cage.
My husband and I have no debt. Our spending vices are foreign holidays.
Why do you want to be financially independent?

No comments: