Saturday 4 October 2008

Unemployed

Well I am now unemployed.

I finished at the firm on Friday. I was at the firm for 11 months and 2 weeks. It was a great gig.

I have e mailed agencies advising them of my availability. There doesn't seem to be much out there at the moment.

My loss of pay means that our savings will drop from £4,500 per month to £1,500.

I hope I find something soon. In the meantime I am counting my blessings. I am practising contentment. I have a wonderful husband. We have a roof over our head. We can afford our home. My husband has a job. We can afford to buy food and still afford to save and enjoy the little luxuries. I am trying to live in the now and trying to stop obsessing with the escape and the future.

2 comments:

Jerry Critter said...

The NOW is good!

Jack said...

Good frame of mind. Maybe you could use the time to focus on reading, writing and anything else that gives you pleasure. Another job will come along soon enough.

J

http://adventuresinvoluntarysimplicity.blogspot.com/